Saturday 25 June 2016

Long live Turbo Pascal

Ahhhh...
Sounds like I just had a relaxing cup of coffee, or perhaps Java?

Configured my Android studio to look more like my old TPW IDE. For those who do not know what TPW is, it is the IDE that came with Borland's Turbo Pascal in the 1990's

So essentially this just means finding fonts available to Android Studio that at least closely matched the fonts from Turbo Pascal. Then finding the items and changing their colours.

I have to confess that there are way too many syntax highlight-able items than there were from back then and some are useful to be differentiated from the rest. To overcome this issue I injected some extra colours but ones that are visible without eye strain hence co-exist with the Turbo pascal colours. TPW mostly had white and yellow, with green for ASM, gray for comments, etc.

Here is an image of some sample code I threw togeather:
Click to enlarge

 Long Live Turbo Pascal!

No comments :

Post a Comment