Friday 23 May 2014

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Wolfenstein: The New Order was released couple of days ago. I did my pre-order for one reason and one reason only, to get my hands on the Doom 4 Beta when it comes out. Just incase you are wondering, yes I do love Wolfenstein.

Have not had a chance to play through it, only fiddled with it for a couple of minutes and I can say the first impressions are pretty good. I am playing on Uber difficulty because why wouldn't you? Made it to a castle whose exact details are eliminated in an attempt to avoid spoilers. In the castle it feels like Wolfenstein 3D, the classic Wolfenstein 3D of course.

Since I cannot review this yet I will suggest that you must see the free classic Wolfenstein 3D game made available online to play inside your web browser. Click the Wolfenstein 3D link to get to it.

A link on the free Wolfenstein 3D game to a YouTube video is also worth a look (Embedded below) as it has John Carmack playing through the original DOS version while telling the story and history of the games. Of particular interest is the technical aspects of the game engine and design he touches on as well as the attempts to improve it when the game was made open source.
I am hoping to discuss Wolfenstein: A New Order at some point but there is a lot of other things going on at the moment so priorities priorities. However the most things I will talk about is the Doom 4 Beta -Beta conditions permitting of course.

No comments :

Post a Comment