Wednesday 6 January 2016

Playstation four (ps4) Experience.

I took advantage of the boxing day sales to get some smashing discounts on stuff but my main focus for battling the lines was the PS4. Cars were parked on grass, and in places you wouldn't have thought could be used as car parks. Vehicles were circling car parks like vultures out to feed. Among that chaos was I, who drove in and got a park straight away! Talk about lucky!

I waited before posting this blog to discuss what my experience with PS4 is like versus the ps3 I still have. The short answer is that I don't see anything significant in it that I did not experience in my ps3. There are some new stuff that poped out which I will discuss further. That aside from comparing hardware because for obvious reasons the PS4 has better hardware and since it is a console, it is right to say that the ps4 is better hardware.

One of the great things I do like about the PS4 is that its power features are configurable. My favorite so far is setting the rest mode to 3 hours. This means when I tell the Ps4 to turn off, it will remain in rest mode for three hours and supply power to the USB port before shutting down. I like this because it means after playing, I can plug my controller into it and it is ready and charged for me next time with out having to worry about power usage by the PS4. With the PS3 I had to leave it on to charge controllers -and no I think external chargers are a waste of money, a USB cable is so much cheaper -and the PS3 has two USB sockets as does the PS4. I also like that Sony has kept the interface simple. In comparison to the Xbox one, I found the Sony PS4 interface just as capable with much better usability.

The controller feels the same as the PS3 Dual Shock 3 but it is nice to have a mouse-pad and extra buttons on there. My most loved feature of the Dual Shock 4 controller is the ability to connect a set of headphones with mic on it. I have an awesome pair, the Sony MDR-ZX660 headphone and mic, plugged into it and the audio quality is great!


The question then is why did I buy the PS4. Well it's simple, I bought the PS3 too late and it was near its end of life. I also needed a separate blu-ray player for my lounge. The main reason, however, is that newer games either support PS3 and PS4 or just PS4 which made the decision easier. The PS3 is now being used as something to continue playing my old favorites, as well as acting as a blu-ray player and media device for my lounge tv.

So should you buy the PS4, yes you should since newer games will either support both or just PS4. I would strongly encourage being patient and waiting for specials in your area before getting one, however. The new controller it comes with makes for a nicer private game playing thanks to the headphone and mic socket on the controller. Overall experience with the PS4 has been positive.

No comments :

Post a Comment